Does anyone have 10 Wonder Foods they think you should eat and if so why? Here's the list we have at Pathway Partner....
1) Whole Grains - They are an inexpensive way to enjoy protein, minerals fiber and B vitamins.
2) Legumes - They are rich in folic acid, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and antioxidents.
3) Quinoa - Is high in protein and a good source of iron.
4) Organic Vegetables - A rainbow of colors is best. Red offers you lycopene to help fight cancer and promote hearth health. Green is also an anti cancer compound.
5) Berries - They are high in fiber and vitamins.
6) Nuts & Seeds - They are rich in protein. Some offer omega 3, vitamin E, calcium and promote a healthy heart.
7) Salmon - All fish offers protein, however, cold water fish including herring and mackerel are some of the best sources of omega 3.
8) Citrus Fruit - They contain flavonoids that lowers production of cholesterol. These fruits also contain vitamin C.
9) Olive Oil - This is an excellent heart healthy fat that will help lower bad cholesterol and raise the good one.
10) Tea - Black, green, white or oolong are all great antioxidents and help protect against heart disease, strokes and certain cancers.