Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Honey!

Today is my husband's birthday. He's 48! Finally... catching up to me. Almost 20 years ago I met him at a public radio, outdoor music festival where I bravely walked up to him and asked him for his name and phone number. Of course he thought I was high and I thought he gave me a fake name because he rattled off some Italian long-ass name that I just figured was fake. Turns out, I was not high, just assertive and he did not give me a fake name, he is actually Italian!

I never imagined that on that day, the day I wasn't even going to go to the festival and then at the very last minute decided to go - who ever thought I would have met the man that 20 years later I would be sharing reading glasses with. We've had such a wonderful time (and some not so great times) over the past 20 years and I wouldn't trade one minute away.

Of course it's really about his birthday and I am happy to say he is outside right now in the 50 degree, misty, already drenched ground golfing with one of his best friends, so I know he's in his glory and doing what he loves most.

Happy Birthday Honey - and I hope you have many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment